|1967||Established company;began production of FUZZY Pedal Steel Guitars.|
|1970||Moved to Tachikawa City;began exporting.|
|1971||Developed original headless model;named EXCEL.|
|1974||Received first order from ShoBud for headless EXCEL.|
|1976||Opened US branch office in Cheney,Washington.|
|1979||Began production of light-weight and student models.|
|1981||Frypan model in production.|
|1983||Established St. Louis branch office at Scotty's Music. Designed and began production of light-weight,full-featured steel guitar (SGI model).|
|1985||Began production of Jerry Byrd Model Hawaiian Steel Guitars.|
|1986||Began production of J.B.Frypan lap steel|
|1995||Completely rebuilt FUZZY; new factory, recording studio, rehearsal halls|
- 1936 Born in Fukushima, Japan
- 1954 Graduated Tohoku Technical High School; first encountered steel guitar.
- 1956 First started playing country bands; Country Gentlemen,Mountain Playboys,Cimarrons,etc.
- 1967 Established Fujii Electrical Instrument Factory and began selling steel guitars.
- 1969 Designed manufactured the steel guitar which universal tuning single-neck 12-string with E9/B6 tuning shifter.
- 1973 Published Fuzzy E9th Pedal Steel Guitar Course.
- 1977 First performed at "Scotty's International Steel Guitar Convention," St.Louis, Missouri,USA. Have performed every year since.
- 1978 Produced Japan Steel Guitar Convention; special guests included Buddy Emmons, Jerry Byrd,DeWitt Scott.
- 1979 Japan Steel Gutitar Convention;special guests included Doug Jernigan,DeWitt Scott.
- 1982 Produced Japan Steel Guitar Convention; special guests included Buddy Emmons,DeWitt Scott.
- 1987 Performed at the China Guitar Artist Festival; presented China with EXCEL pedal steel guitar.
- 1994 Japan Steel Gutitar Convention; attended by Steve Paluesek, Randy Conor and DeWitt Scott.
Besides fabricating steel guitars, Mr.Fujii is currently active in a band called “Mitsuo Fujii & Three sons.”
Mitsuo Fujii solo CD now on sale!
Moonlight Breeze & Steel Guitars
Mitsuo Fujii's long-awaited 1st album
Recorded in Nashville,TN
Feel the wonderful sound of EXCEL Superb
price: ￥2,000(JPY) ＋shipping & handling
We accept your order by phone,fax and e-mail.
Please contact us from here.
- 01 Moonlight Waltz
- 02 Long Black Limousine
- 03 Lonesome Whistle
- 04 Breeze
- 05 Sweet Memories
- 06 Green Sleaves
- 07 Tennessee Moon (with Hank Sasaki)
- 08 Slippery Elm
- 09 I Really Don't Want To Know
- 10 Release Me
- 11 Hoopity Tow Step
- 12 Blue Jade
- 13 I Can Hear Kentucky Calling Me
- 14 Indian Love Call
- 15 Oklahoma Stomp
- 16 American Trilogy
- Guitar - Gene Breeden
- Bass - John Heinrich, Dave Sings, Jamie Bowls
- Drums - Barry Wayne, Alvis Barnes
- Keyboards - Jamie Bowls, Dave Sings
- Fiddle - Jim Ungar
- Saxophone, Flute, Dobro - John Heinrich
- Guest Steel Guitarist - Bill Stafford
- Guest Singer - Hank Sasaki
- Guest Narrator - Doug Hall
- Engineers - Gene Breeden, John Heinrich
Recorded at The Gene Breeden Studio, Nashville, TN